- Strong 500D Cordura construction
- Rolltop closure with SR buckle
- Two D-rings to attach tags etc.
- Available in numerous sizes from 40 to 120 litres
- 5-year material and workmanship warranty
- Made in Finland/Estonia
Whereas your ”common pack sacks” tend to be made from excellent, lightweight fabrics, these are quite the opposite. First, these are not intended for use within backpacks/bags but as stand-alone crude transport bags. The 500d solid Cordura endures rough use, including abrasive and bulky gear transport and the real-life negligent handling our equipment sometimes has to face. You could describe these as a very crude, low-tech option for actual duffel bags.
Exemplary use cases
- Transport of ready-packed backpacks, the 120-litre sack can even fit huge ones.
- Rough hauling of gear between your home, the trunk of your car and your destination.
- Storage of all kinds of gear ready-to-go.
- Use as a pack sack strapped to a backpack frame.
We use these to haul various cargo wherever our work takes us. Stuff like rations, tents, gear, photo equipment, expo stuff and that sort of junk is so much that we don’t want to pack it all in numerous duffel bags and backpacks.
Waterproof? Yes and no.
The 500D Cordura these are made of is properly PU coated to make it waterproof. But the seams are not taped or anything. These are, at least when new and not worn after years of heavy use, entirely waterproof. But if you leave one in the rain or drop it in lake water, it will seep through the seams. Keep in mind that if you use these as we do, the fabric and coating will, at some point, wear so that water can soak through the material itself. Such is life.